Thursday, July 14, 2011

We Survived...

the first evening without Annie :) 

We arrived in CA, yesterday evening. The boys were excited to see us. And everyone seems to be fine with having to put up with Baba and Papa- they just don't know exactly how long Momma will be gone :)

This morning while I was drying my hair, Owen came to see what I was doing. 
The conversation went something like this:
Owen, "What are you doing?"
Me, "I am drying my hair."
Owen, "Did you bring that hair dryer with you?"
Me, "Yep."
Owen, "Does Papa use that hair dryer?"
Me, "No."
Owen, "Did he take off  his hair?" :)

This morning I cleaned off the back yard dirt on Weston. Then later, we cleaned off chocolate frosting on Weston. ( Today is his first birthday- so he had birthday cake) Then later, I cleaned off  beach sand on Weston. Then later, I cleaned off  lasagna on Weston. Finally, I cleaned off ice cream cone on Weston and put him to bed. He never made a peep. Of course it was two hours past his bedtime.(we only lost one shoe today- I will need to get him another pair :) 
Annie's flight left at 5:45 today. She was brave enough (or crazy enough) ...
to leave us here alone with the boys :)



This morning at breakfast, Nathan asked, "What are we going to do after Momma leaves?" Ron said, "PARRRTY !".  I said something more realistic, like "Try to figure out dinner and sort out shirts, pants, socks, and underwear from the clean clothes pile."
At least Annie left us with a GPS in the van- his name is Nathan. (How does it feel to have a 7 year old telling you where to go ? :)  



7 comments:

Ron said...

Weston was only just getting started with the cake in that picture. You should have seen him 5 min. later!

Baba's problem is obviously that she has to put up with not 4 but 5 kids this week. One of them is a little overgrown.

Jane Huddleston said...

That was adorable. I love hearing what kids say and hearing about their little personalities. So cute.

The Purtle's said...

have fun!!! What an awesome grandma you are!!! :)

WhiteEyebrows said...

PARTY!!! Love it!

Annie said...

Thanks Mom and Dad - we're having fun. Love the pic of Dad on the bike!

great grandma said...

Glad to hear that you are having fun:)and all is well! It's VERY quiet around here! Off to The Silver Hanger this a.m. and see what has happened there there past couple days. Still HOT and NO RAIN, but maybe today....

Ashley and Daniel said...

Haha this was great. I Owen's comment about Papa taking his hair off. Woops Papa must have left it in Texas :)Sounds like too much fun is happening there. Dad I think that tricylce is a little small for you I think you are ready for something a bit bigger :)