Sunday, September 25, 2011

Miracles

We have had a few miracles in the past couple of weeks ;)
There were two that happened last Friday when I was preparing to go to China. In order for me to travel last weekend, I needed to get a visa application filled out and turned in to the Chinese consulate here in (downtown) Houston by 10:30 am. I woke up about 5 am and decided I needed to call Ron again and talk about me coming to China. I didn't spend a lot of time on the phone with him, but just as soon as he told me to go ahead and come, I moved into "high gear" to get everything ready and get downtown by 10:30. There was a lady here in Houston, at ConocoPhillips, that was helping me with the application and my airplane reservation. There could have been all sorts of delays in that process, but as it turned out, I made it just in time. (Then, I was able to return, downtown, to that office and pick up my visa at 2:30pm.)
The second miracle happened while I was out running around doing the "visa thing". I arrived at my store about 3:30 in the afternoon.When I got there, there was a card on the counter with phone numbers of several people that live in Beijing. When I asked mom where it came from, she said that there had been a lady in the store earlier in the day that lived in Beijing. While she was in the store, she mentioned to mom that she lived in Beijing. So mom, told her the WHOLE story about Ron's surgery and me preparing to go there. As it turned out I didn't actually need those phone numbers, but it sure was comforting to have them in my purse. And, it was actually her husband that got in touch with someone from our church there, to go and give Ron a blessing, on Saturday evening. Some times it's a very small world.

1 comment:

Annie said...

So great to hear about these!