Sunday, September 9, 2012

What Now?

I have a dear friend that posted recently, wondering "what now" for her life. She and her husband are in the same phase of life as us. Except... her husband is battling cancer and while we don't have that same trial in our life, everything else is about the same. Old enough to retire, all of the kids are out of the house. (oops, some of the kids moved back into the house. hehe) But retirement is just around the corner. So "what now"? We have a couple of projects in the works, but I thought if I described my birthday Saturday to you- you would get a good glimpse into our life. On most Saturdays, mom and I both work at my store. Ron usually plays basketball in the morning and then does "whatever" in the afternoon. Yesterday, mom and I did go to work after I put dinner in the crockpot. However, Ron didn't go to basketball because he needed to help two people move all of their belongings into storage. He went and rented a U Haul truck and headed to the first house. He and several other men (including Daniel) spent all day packing, loading, hauling, and unloading. In fact they didn't even get to the second place- they are having to go do that one today. When mom and I got home from work, dinner was mostly ready, but after Ron got home he spent a little while working on the sink in the upstairs bathroom. (Luckily he was able to find Ashley's ring in the "curve of the pipe" under the sink.) So dinner was alittle late. After we ate, Ron went with me back to my store, because I had forgotten something that I needed for tomorrow. (In about an hour I am leaving to drive to Dallas to go to the bridal market there tomorrow morning) My birthday dessert last night was an ice cream pie, that mom bought. So... the moral of this whole story is that whatever we thought was "normal" here is not normal any more. hehe
But as far as "what now"- we'll just have to see what happens, we never know what is the next curve in the road of life. We can make our plans and our projects but those things might get slightly altered according to a "bump in the road". hehe In the mean time we will enjoy our kids, our grand kids, and each other, and do whatever is asked of us. Gotta go...I'm headed to Dallas.

3 comments:

Annie said...

Put us on the calendar for December - maybe the 17th or so on!

Debora said...

Yep- already have that :)

Debora said...
This comment has been removed by the author.