Sunday, June 16, 2013

Happy Fathers Day

One of the best parts of Fathers Day happened this morning- Ron didn't have early morning meetings to attend, so we didn't get out of bed until 9 am. (See...good to know for my kids... there really is life after kids!) As for trying to plan some special food and/or dessert for today- we went to Bandera Friday night and yesterday- which came at the end of a busy week- which meant no food shopping or planning- so, yeah, fancy dinner with pie...that's not going to happen. hehe For brunch, I ate the rest of my hamburger from lunch yesterday and Ron ate the rest of his shrimp enchilada from dinner yesterday. Dinner today, was whatever leftovers I could find in the refrig. I did get Ron a couple of gifts for today...I am going to give him a waste basket...and we are going to have a "phone throwing away party". Ron's cell phone has been a major problem for awhile now. So he gets a new I phone and he gets a new suitcase to use for his trip to France in July. Oh, yeah, and he got a cookie at church. Pretty exciting celebration :)
Ron is still the love of my life. I appreciate all he does for me and our family. He is a great husband and father. It's amazing and a great blessing that we still "like" each other after 37 years :) This year we are living a dream come true. Neither one of us can believe it when we watch the house being built- seems like something other than reality. Plus it is amazing to see it go from "on paper" to "3D real". We love to hop in his car, and head WEST with a Don Williams CD playing. He loves being there, where the house is, and seeing the wildlife. God, willing, it's going to be a great life with my best friend and the grand kids :) Okay...maybe with the kids too.


No comments: