Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Real Life

So...no more "catchup"- I can just post "real life" now :) I am gradually going through a major adjustment in my life...trying to figure out what "real life" is now. I'm still living a dream and wondering whose house we are living in. Then I realize...what a minute...I picked out all of this stuff. lol 
As expected a few things didn't turn out quite like what I "thought" I wanted- but that's okay. Many of the walls are still bare...while I try to decide exactly where things should go. But, remember, I am a minimalist at heart, so even bare works pretty good for me. (much better than clutter :) As I have been decorating...again a few things (and colors) aren't exactly what I was expecting, but other items are working out great. Here are a few of my favorite things so far. (and I am still wondering how they get all of those great photos on Houzz.com - somehow my photos don't look as good as the real thing- some of the colors are off- but you'll get the idea)


Here is a picture that I used to plan a cabinet in my kitchen- with a built in microwave and oven with a book shelf around the corner, facing the other wall.




Here is how mine turned out. (I should have tried to take the picture at exactly the same angle) Anyway... it has glass doors on it.

And the bottom of it is my "little kid dishes". When some of the grand kids were here for Christmas- it was fun for them to go pick out their own dishes from this cabinet. 



This furniture is in the living room. Only the sofa was here at Christmas time- the two chairs arrived in January. The kids will probably notice that the sofa no longer has black stripped pillows on it- I recovered them in chocolate brown- goes much better with the chairs. 



Ron won't let me cover up very much of the wood floor- but I found a rug that I really like for just inside the front door. 



 Most of the windows will have pleated blinds on them- but this one window in my laundry room had a cabinet on one side and just a small area of wall on the other side- perfect for a small drape that is just for decoration purposes :)

That little drape and the brown pillows were my sewing projects so far. Gradually things are getting unpacked- still lots to do there- but it's getting to where I have to be in the right mood to do that now. I also spend time working on "store stuff" (when the computer cooperates). I spend time each week planning a Sunday lesson for a Valiant boys class (ages 8-11). Mom and I plan our shopping days, since most of the shopping is 30-60 minutes away. Pretty much I can "clean" to my hearts content and still not finish (in fact the bunk room is still exactly the way the kids left it after Christmas), I'll get to that one of these days...who needs all of those beds made anyway- lol. Since Ron is in Houston this week- I  had to take the trash can out to the road today- put corn out for the deer- feed the stray cat- and untangle the pool cleaner-crawler-thingy. :) Mom and I went to Kerrville today for her pedicure appointment- then Office Max- then Subway lunch- then fabric store- then grocery store. Now we'll stay home for a few days, and not go anywhere. I'll let you know when I figure out what's "real life"- it all seems like someone else's life in a strange house for now. hehe




No comments: