Wednesday, May 27, 2015

Sunflowers

Awhile back I posted some pictures on FB, asking, "Are these weeds or flowers?". Lots of small plants had sprouted in front of the garage. Almost everyone that saw those pictures on FB, said they were weeds. We decided to let them stay, just in case they were flowers. Even up until a couple of weeks I ago, I was still thinking, "Man we have a giant patch of weeds!" Then, they began to bloom and there are still lots of blooms, yet, to open up. (Some of them have stalks that are more than an inch around and they are super tall.) I don't know why it takes such a BIG plant to produce a SMALL flower :) But at least, now we know ... they are sunflowers.











2 comments:

Linda said...

Did you sow those seeds or did they they come from a bird feeder? I am a new follower and just happened to come across your blog. My neighbor has fields of sunflowers, but he had to plow and sow to get results. Linda@Wetcreek Blog

Debora said...

We planted some seeds last year and never expected them to come back on their own. I was expecting smaller plants and bigger flowers, but these are BIG plants and small flowers :)