Thursday, November 26, 2015

Thanksgiving Day

We checked around with all of our friends here in Bandera and a few in Kerrville, to see if anyone wanted to come to our house for dinner- everyone had plans. So it was just the three of us. I did put on my sweat pants, rather than my pajamas for dinner- lol. I cooked a turkey, a ham, sweet potato casserole, green bean casserole, stuffing, cranberry salad, gravy, cranberry sauce, and fruit cobbler. We had dinner at 1 pm. Afterward, Ron cut up the turkey and I cut up the ham. I am excited to have lots of leftovers to freeze. 5 single servings of ham, 5 single servings of turkey, 2 pans of sliced ham, 1 ham bone, 1 container of ham pieces, 1 container of turkey pieces, 1 turkey/stuffing casserole. Ron earned his dinner today by assembling a kitchen cart, to set a microwave on. My regular microwave is above the oven, so mom can't reach it from the wheel chair. I thought she would be happy about having one that she could reach. Maybe she needs to think about it for a bit- she didn't seem very excited. We had some deer in the front yard all day. We haven't seen any of the turkeys for over a month now. Which seems strange- do they know that it's Thanksgiving?? :) Not very exciting pics for the day- but it was a nice quiet day here. It's almost 6 pm and raining.






No comments: