Monday, March 21, 2016

Around the Block

If I go out the front door, up the drive way and take a left- to the corner of Palomino and Horseshoe Falls, then a right- to the corner of Horseshoe Falls and Buckskin Trail, then another right- to the corner of Buckskin Trail and Palomino Springs, then another right- back to our drive way... it's like going around the block. Only thing is that block is 2.5 miles :) That is my "walk route". I have known for some time that just doing that once a day was probably not enough steps. But twice a day, would be pretty good. (at least according to the fitbit...that I don't have yet- haha). I have in my mind that 10,000 steps per day is a good goal and I think the 5 miles would count as that. The tricky part is fitting in that second walk. The morning one is pretty easy. I just need to be sure that I get out there early enough, before it gets too hot. The evening walk needs to be late enough to be cool, but not so late that it is dark. And I have to work around fixing dinner. Last week I did 2.5 on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday. I did 5 on Tuesday and Thursday. (Sometimes I will be able to get at least one walk in on Saturday. But that didn't happen last Saturday.) Today...I got my 5. I went this morning and then I went about 6:45 and I got to see the sunset and the moon rise. (Last Tuesday when I went at 7:15- it was too dark just before home. The deer and I were scaring each other and I couldn't tell exactly what kind of snake was at the end of the drive way. ha.) Just before the corner of Palomino Springs and Horseshoe Falls, there is hill. It's not a huge hill- but for an old lady, who is out of shape, I am usually "huffing and puffing" to get up that thing. By the time I make it to the top- I am almost exactly half way on my walk. So, even if I wanted to turn around- at that point it would be the same distance, either way. The only other trick is trying to figure out the weather temp and wear the appropriate clothing. Sometimes too hot, sometimes too cold, sometimes just right- lol.












No comments: