Thursday, March 3, 2016

Happy Birthday to Eli

Eli's birthday was yesterday, but we did a little party on Sunday evening, when they came for dinner. Last year he told me he wanted a strawberry cake. I thought that was a little strange, but that is what I made. I later found out that the nanny had been playing "pretend" strawberry cakes with him, so he really didn't know what a real strawberry cake was. Needless to say, he was not very excited about the cake last year. This year, I told him I was not making another strawberry cake, but I was making an ice cream sandwich cake. ( He loves ice cream sandwiches) I actually had a dream last week, that I had trouble getting the layers on an ice cream cake to stick together. No problem with that...but the icing was another story. (ha) I tried to get fancy, instead of just using cool whip...but it turned out okay. And as you can see, Eli was pretty excited about it. The rest of the decor was "Mickey Mouse", which he loved. We actually had kind of an "indoor picnic" with small, mini burgers, corn on the cob, salads, and pickles- with checkered table cloth, plastic baskets, and paper bowls. (the first picture is comparing the strawberry cake with the ice cream sandwich cake- lol) Can't believe that Eli is 5.

















No comments: