7.26.2009

My Other Baby

I am feeling guilty because I couldn't go help A4 with the new baby. I'm busy with my "other baby". This other baby is a 24/6 thing. It requires much attention. It needs to be fed, cleaned, and attended to on a daily basis, although not on Sunday. Some times it keeps me up at night. It has a never ending "to do list". Sometimes it's "fussy" and difficult to manage. This week we had a few little technical difficulties- the key board for my computer quit. Which meant we had a few days without a credit card scanner, label machine, receipt printer, and my main point of sale system. We hobbled along on the laptop with limited abilities.
Some times, it's "sleeping like a baby", but still can't be unattended.
The summer season is always slow and with the current economy, my July sales are running about 1/2 of last years July sales. In other words 1/2 of already low is not good. Ron gave me a "debt restructure" this week. It is yet to be seen if that will carry the store through the current economic problems, but we are hopeful. And to show off "the little darling"- we have a new website! It still needs a few items adjusted and some things are still "under construction", but it is up and running. Yes! I am indebted (in more ways than one) to WE and A2. (Thank you very much.) I will pay off my bill in small increments, to be sure that WE hangs around for awhile. In fact working on that basis- it may never be completely paid in full :) In reality, we are past the infancy stage- in fact we are well into adolescence. Here's hoping we will make it to maturity. We see the pattern, we are starting to understand the order and we are hoping to experience the vision!


No comments: