I forgot to do a post about our wedding anniversary in May... 50 years. That is amazing in more ways than one- lol. Just saying "50 years" makes us both old. I didn't really care if we did anything special, I would have been just as happy to go to my sewing room, but I felt like Ron needed to get out of the house. He suggested that we go to Palacios, he wanted to go to a particular restaurant there for peel and eat shrimp. I wasn't very excited about his idea, so I started hunting for something else. We ended up at Lake Travis, at a condo at Lake Travis Island Villa. It was certainly "off season" there, which meant very few people. We drove up there on Thursday afternoon and had dinner at the resort at the "Island Bar and Grill". I had a perfect crab cake sandwich and coconut pie. (The pie was okay, but not the best I have ever had.) On Friday we had lunch at Captain Pete's. That is a floating restaurant. Ron got some peel and eat shrimp there. I got a salad and lime pie. (That pie was good, but pretty small for the price.) So... it was a quick trip, just one night... but at least we did something 😀










No comments:
Post a Comment