8.20.2009

Thorny Home Security



Early in the spring we got off to a good start with a garden and the grass and the plants in the yard. Then we started having problems- soil problems, bug problems, water problems etc. These resulted in a bad garden and big brown spots in the grass. There is one thing though that grows profusely by the front door. It could be called an "attack bush", since we don't have an attack dog to guard the front door. If I had known when I planted it how it would grow, I would have not planted it where it is. It started out as a few innocent looking bushes, in small pots, with bright pink flowers on them. Little did I know that among the blossoms would be huge thorns. Needless to say, Ron has to keep trimming it just to keep it from grabbing anyone who comes to the front door. And the worst part is that it rarely ever blooms any more- just a huge thorn bush!! So if you are ever at the garden center looking at cute bushes with cute blooms- think twice before buying them :) It's called a Bougainvillea.

No comments: