5.15.2018

May 2018 Denver 2

When we arrived in Denver on Thursday, May 3, it was 40 degrees with wind and rain. But all of the days after that were perfect, especially Friday and Saturday. Our family plus two of my cousins gathered at the Arvada cemetery at 11am on Saturday. Rev. Stanton did a brief graveside service and Gary did a brief grave dedication. We got some great photos there. I especially like the one of  Doug and Gary and I, behind the head stone. Pam, thought about bringing some roses! The memorial service was at the Intercession Episcopal church at 1. We had time to get there and do some "setting up" for the reception and practice singing. (I was too busy there, and only got two photos.) But everything turned out great. Barb Wilkinson did a traditional eulogy and she sang "One Day at a Time". Our family sang, "How Great Thou Art". There was a good number of people there and fun to have refreshments and reception following the service. Perfect day.
















No comments: