(And btw... Ron was late putting corn out there for the deer this morning. At one point they were all standing out there... "looking IN" the window and wondering where he was. I told him, "It won't be long before they are knocking on the window, to get his attention. Or at least sending the squirrel, to knock on the window, on behalf of them."- lol)
1.25.2020
The Parable of the Window
We had an interesting experience this morning after breakfast. Ron and I eat our meals in the dining room. The thing that might be a bit unusual is that we sit next to each other on the same side of the table, so that we can both look out the front window. This morning, I saw something outside that I couldn't tell if it was a rock, or something else like a piece of wood or trash. I asked Ron what he thought it was. It didn't take me very long to figure out that from where he was sitting, even though it was close to where I was sitting, he couldn't see what I was looking at. I told him to sit in "my chair" and look. Even then, I had to very carefully describe "where" I wanted him to look, so that he could see what I was looking at. When we both figured out exactly what I was looking at, he walked outside to where the object was, and took a photo of it on his phone. In the photo, it was simply a stick and a rock, that weren't even attached to each other, but from the dining room perspective, it looked like a totally different object. So many lessons to be learned here, about "looking out the same window" and "looking at the same yard"... but having very different perspectives and opinions! This little "parable" sums up so many things about how life has been for Ron and I during the past year. ;)
(And btw... Ron was late putting corn out there for the deer this morning. At one point they were all standing out there... "looking IN" the window and wondering where he was. I told him, "It won't be long before they are knocking on the window, to get his attention. Or at least sending the squirrel, to knock on the window, on behalf of them."- lol)
(And btw... Ron was late putting corn out there for the deer this morning. At one point they were all standing out there... "looking IN" the window and wondering where he was. I told him, "It won't be long before they are knocking on the window, to get his attention. Or at least sending the squirrel, to knock on the window, on behalf of them."- lol)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


1 comment:
😂 I love this thought of the animals knocking on the window waiting for their food! Thanks for sharing this. And it's so true about our different perspectives from seemingly similar places (upbringings/environments/morals/etc.) Sometimes I wish we all just saw things the same. But in reality, that would be so boring!
Post a Comment