2.07.2021

Hello 2021

 I could see that my last post was on January 6, was called "Bye Bye 2020"... so it is only fitting that my first post for this year would be "Hello 2021". Wow... what a month is has been ;) We are officially moved into the Cotton Creek house. Somehow it is pretty surreal ... I am still wondering whose house we live in- lol. It has been a flurry of getting rid of stuff, packing, cleaning, hauling, unpacking, sorting, cleaning. Pretty much I am tired every night and hurt all over ;) I have lost 10 pounds, but not sure exactly where- lol. There is a Sherwin Williams paint color called "Totally Tan". That is the inside of the house- walls and ceilings both. I didn't think I would like it and I thought about painting, but decided to focus on new floors instead. As it turns out the paint color is not too bad... our black and brown furniture actually looks pretty good. And I am surprised to say that all of my light turquoise stuff looks good too. I am painting the two smaller bathrooms a lighter version of totally tan, and I am loving that. The totally tan is actually a dark goldish color. I don't care for some of my "red" items with the color scheme, as long as I stick to turquoise, black, brown and white, it's good. I am trying out some grey in our bedroom and the master bathroom. The new floor is a light colored LVP. Ron was complaining about Daniel taking the carpet out of the master bathroom, but it looks really good with the vinyl plank. Daniel is also putting in new deep baseboards and some shiplap walls and pin board. I will gradually paint some other areas the lighter tan color and paint the cabinets white and brown. (I am trying to convince myself that the brown counter tops in the kitchen are okay.) This house is half as big as what we moved out of, and twice as big as what I expected us to get. The space is working out pretty well. I still have too much stuff, but I am good at purging- lol. I still have tons of stuff to put away, but I walked around and took a few pics. (We are waiting to put everything away until Daniel finishes all of the baseboards, and we get all of the furniture exactly where it belongs.) The lighting in the house is not very good. The floor looks different in various rooms, with various lighting. The picture of my bathroom is a "before" pic. I will come back later with a finished pic. The pic of the other bathroom shows the totally tan, the vanilla color primer, and the lighter totally tan, that I love. (Again bad lighting.) And the carpet looks greyish with the tan walls... but it is really cream, tan , and brown colors.














No comments: