July 21-27 was our big Canada trip, for a reunion with Ron's family. We had been planning this trip for months and it was no small expense. The reason everyone agreed to go to Canada was because Todd Thompson had a business trip there and wanted to take his family there, before that trip. The rest of us agreed to that plan. I tried to get everyone to meet in Colorado in June... a lot less travel and expense for all of us except Alterslunds. (They weren't up for that much travel for them. And everyone else's calendars were already booked.) Our plan was travel on Sunday, July 21... leaving SAT about mid day and arriving in Calgary about 8 pm. BUT... there was a world wide "Software" glitch on Friday, the 19th, that was still affecting businesses and airlines on Sunday. Our original flight was canceled and then we were booked on a second flight, going to LAX and then on to Calgary. That flight was eventually also cancelled. We went and got the car from the parking garage, went back home, and tried again on Monday. This time on United to Denver and then to Calgary. We didn't arrive in Calgary until about 11 pm, still had to get the bags and rental car, and drive to Canmore. (My original plan was for us to stay near the airport upon arrival and drive to Canmore the next day, but since we had already lost a day... we drove to Canmore late Monday night.) Andersons arrived with their Sunday flights, but were delayed about 4 hours. Alldays Sunday flight was canceled and they rebooked for Monday. I think Don Anderson arrived on Sunday, but also delayed from New Mexico. (It is now August 4 that I am posting this and I am still waiting for some refunds on those flights that were cancelled for us.) The first picture that I am posting here, was a funny picture that I took in the airport, of two skeleton people... saying "This is what happens when you stay in the airport too long!" The other two pics are from Alldays and Andersons dealing with their flight problems. We got lunch at WhataBurger in the airport that day... but it was having problems too, because of so many stranded people. (I will do several posts about our trip instead of one.)






No comments:
Post a Comment