2.25.2009

Stand Still...

Here are a few highlights from yesterday at the store (so in order to be brief... most of you innocent bystanders, that check in on my blog, may not understand some of the specific details here and their significance) In a movie depicting an event from the history of our church, some men were told to "stand still and see the hand of the Lord". Then they watched as a storm rolled across the prairie and saved them from their enemies. Yesterday was a "stand still and see the hand of the Lord day". For starters, yesterday was $2000 Tuesday. It's not unusual for the store to have a $2000-$3000 Saturday, but I don't think I've ever had that on a Tuesday. I had two separate customers that came from Canada looking for specific modest dresses. (not even wedding dresses just evening dresses for their daughters) I placed orders for 2 wedding dresses and sold another one. Here is the best part... my bridal appointment at 7:30 last night had heard of the store, but had to use google to come up with specific details (like location and store name) and the store came up second on the list. I've never spent any money to buy key words or made any other attempt to come up that high on the google list :) Here is the "bestest" part... I have been needing to find another lady that could work during the day time, on Thursdays. And occasionally fill in on Fridays and Saturdays. To make a long story short- a lady walked in yesterday that has a daughter in high school, a boy in Jr. high, and a boy in elementary school, and thinks she would love to work at the store. She is going to start tomorrow. Only Audrey, Mike, Ron, and Harold Jones will appreciate this next part- her main skills are in accounting :) (Yes, Heavenly Father has a good sense of humor) One more neat thing...Audrey, I have what I think is a great micro credit idea. We will have to talk more about that.

Here are a few pictures for Mom A-









































No comments: