3.24.2009

Give Me Some Cheese with this Whine

Some times life just doesn't let us be sick. Some how I managed to get through the entire winter without even a cold, no flu, nothing- then last Monday evening, just out of no where, I got a really bad sore throat. Knowing that I was just days away from Audrey's wedding I went to a "minute clinic" on Tuesday, thinking I could get antibiotics in hand before taking two ear infections on an airplane on Thursday. Instead I came away with directions to take Sudafed and knowing that I did not have strep throat. (I knew I was still in trouble) Anyway...to make all of this whining brief- Ron had to take me to an "insta clinic" on Sunday morning in St. George. This time I did come away with some "stiffer meds"- antibiotics and prednisone. The plane ride home yesterday was not great, but would have been much worse without the medicine. (I got off the plane with no hearing in just one ear instead of none at all.) So...everything about the wedding was wonderful, except me. It was amazing to have our entire family there. To have all of the grandsons together. And even have some of our extended family there. Great effort was made traveling and preparing, but it was all worth it. When I sent out text messages to Mike and the girls last night saying that we had arrived back in Houston- Alison's response was- "Yeah". "Annie beat you to the blog". Her wedding post is the best!! Go to redsdirt to see great pictures and what's even more amazing is she put "Someone to Fall Back On" on her playlist. (That is Sam and Audrey's song) I'm sure that I will go there at least once a day this week and get my daily "happy cry" in. Ron had the hard part of giving Audrey away- now I've got the hard part of not being able to talk her at all this week- it's not allowed on the honeymoon to talk to mom :)
Yeah, so I'll take some cheese with this whining :) And since life won't let me be sick- I'm off to work today. I got up with Ron at the usual time this morning- thinking, "I'll go back to bed for a couple of hours and then go to work"- instead I was so wound up from all of the weekend excitement. I couldn't even go back to sleep- I might as well get up :)

No comments: