I've had several thoughts this week- you'll have to indulge me and of course this is the condensed version. One thing I have realized, when I'm out walking in the mornings, is some times I only see the ants on the sidewalk. I'm looking down, not even seeing to the next corner or the end of the block, let alone seeing the end of my route. I'm caught up in the moment and my long term perspective is impaired. Keeping that thought in mind...
One evening this week, when Ron walked in the house I was watching the news. I was watching the press conference where a Governor was explaining that he had been unfaithful to his wife. Ron's only comment was " Not him too." (As we have seen a long stream of this same situation lately with prominent people) Then also this week there was the photo of the attorney that was found sleeping in his neighbors trash can. He explained that he first saw those pictures of him self at the donut store on TV. I realize that we all make mistakes. We all make bad decisions now and then. Plus Satan is working overtime to lead us slowly and carefully into temptations...but the amazing part is for us to be surprised at the consequences. How could these two men in particular not know that "someone would find out" what they were doing?
Especially the Governor, he had to travel thousands of miles, several times and written email is always "found out" and published. Even under Gods plan, with the right circumstances, we can be forgiven of almost any bad choice, but there are still consequences that remain. It's like only seeing the ants on the sidewalk, and never looking up. I suppose if someone took a picture of me sleeping in my neighbors trash can, I might end up on Fox news too. I need to remind myself not to do that :)
No comments:
Post a Comment