6.10.2009

Thou Shalt Not Covet


A few weeks ago, I decided it was time for me to get back to walking, for exercise. I try to go about two and a half miles each morning. While Ron skimmed through mid life without any crisis- I guess mine is trying to function on no hormones. The result was putting on some weight. Since I already eat right, my only option was to add exercising. As I'm walking, I'm usually just thinking of random things or some times not thinking of anything at all, just walking. I'm always looking at the yards and homes around our neighborhood. Many of them are even the same design as our house and its fun to see how they are decorated and the various yard treatments. It's kind of funny, I can walk down a street on one side and then come back around on the other side and see some thing completely different. On Tuesdays and Fridays I get to pass judgment on all of my neighbors based on what trash is piled on their sidewalk :) My number one rule for walking is if there is a car anywhere in sight- stay on the sidewalk. (I did almost get hit by a car one day.) Now that school is out, there is less early morning traffic and no teenagers waiting on various corners for the bus. Now if I wasn't inhaling car exhaust and tree pollen, life would be good. Last week, I noticed a nice planter on the front porch of one house. I thought, "that would look good by our front door". No, I didn't take theirs, I bought my own. Yes, I'm guilty, "thou shalt not covet thy neighbors planter!" Mine is actually cuter- it's ivory, and looks good with our funny colored bricks :) Now the race is on- let's see how fast I can kill those plants.

No comments: