6.14.2009

Pulse=Purpose

Ron heard an interesting idea in an interview with Kathie Lee Gifford, that was on TV last week. She said the first thing she does each morning is check to see if she has a pulse. If she does, she knows that God has a purpose for her for that day. It might only be a small thing like remembering someones name, giving out a compliment or such. I think that some days, it might even be a "big" purpose. But never the less even a small purpose is still a purpose. What a neat idea. Ron and I checked with each other several times this past week to see if we could recognize our purpose for a particular day. What a simple way to over come discouragement- to remember that if we still have a pulse, God is not finished with us yet and we still have some important things to do. "Important things" might be big or they might be "small stuff". Recently I was encouraging each of my family members to "be some ones small stuff"- just the little compliments, thank yous, hugs, and "I love yous", can mean a lot. And might also fulfill our purpose for that day :)
PS Some times I think my purpose for the day is learning what NOT to do :)

No comments: