I turned 53 and now there is nothing to blog about :) Here are the highlights of my week.
In all of my efforts to eat like a mouse (okay not exactly like a mouse, but at least low fat, low sugar, low sodium) along with exercising, my "bottom line" :) has not budged. Rats. One theory is that my body is trying to function on hormonal imbalance and holding on to fat cells in an effort to produce estrogen. So, I am going to start taking an herbal supplement to try to "balance the imbalance". I'll let you know how that goes. (this is one of those mid life - "50 something" things)
On Monday evening Ron and I attended another health care town hall meeting. Boy, there are alot of angry Americans out there. And no wonder- all of those big government rats are doing things like trying to mess up health care, giving big bucks to corruption, wasting lots of money, and turning off vital water in CA. (so I will admit we don't really know the "fish" side of the water story, but the "farmer" side of the water story is absolutely unbelievable. All I can say is that there better be a really really good reason for the "fish" side- which I personally don't think is possible)
Along with struggling to keep a small business afloat amidst economic crisis- one of the challenges I have had at the store is something called PCI Compliance. (Basically this is meant to be sure that all credit card information I take is secure. Which is a good thing, it's just that the steps to compliance are like jumping through hoops! And many of those hoops apply more to big business than to small business) My deadline for completing that was about 6 months ago. Rats. I'm finally almost there.
Now that you have heard my first three "rats" stories- here is my real rat story. We have rats running around the yard at home and there are rats running around in the attic at the store. Ron is trying to trap the ones at home and an exterminator is trying to trap the ones at the store. So far the results are sprung traps, but no rats. Ron tried peanut butter as bait first, then last night he tried taco meat. He said, maybe they are Mexican rats :) I don't really think the taco meat is going to work either.
Other than rats...life is good :)
No comments:
Post a Comment