9.04.2009

Town Hall Meeting

Being the rebellious, rabblerouser that I am (yeah right? :) - I decided to go to a town hall meeting this morning. I went to the health care town hall meeting by congressman Michael McCaul today. I wasn't sure exactly what to expect. There was a good number of people there, but not overwhelming. Most of them were conservative republicans- so not much contention amongst the crowd. Mr. McCaul was very respectful of every one- even the people who disagreed with his opinion. Definitely no buses of trouble makers showed up, not all that many people carrying signs (but a few- most of them pretty humorous), no expensive food flown in, no crowd "set up"- just average people from Katy, Texas. I won't give all of the details of what was discussed, but I do want to give you my over all impression. I came away knowing why we like Texas and why we are going to stay. Texas has many good things going for it- one of those being a large population of conservative, religious, down to earth, patriotic Americans. If the health care bill passes, I am hoping that Texas will say they have had enough and become the Republic of Texas! It could stand on it's own and we are staying. (Sorry if that sounds extreme , but alot of things are getting extreme).

That's all I have to say about that :)

No comments: