12.24.2010

Paid My Dues

I guess I have paid my dues and am now officially admitted in the Old Peoples Christmas Organization. I am feeling rather guilty because I know that my children have been going crazy this week, and especially today, getting EVERYTHING ready for Christmas. And what did I do today? Whatever I wanted- haha. Today was a no-alarm-clock-day, just get up whenever we wake up. I tried to stay in my pajamas all day, but about mid day I realized that my skirt, that I want to wear on Sunday, was still at the cleaners and we needed some more eggs and we needed gas in the car. So I got dressed and went out :) Then Ron completely took advantage of the fact that I got dressed and took me out for dinner and a movie. I don't know what today was like where you live, but it seemed like the entire city of Houston was out today at the restaurants, the department stores, and the grocery stores. Traffic jams everywhere, no places to park, long lines to check out etc. What a way to completely ruin the spirit of Christmas :(
Now I just need to convince myself that it will be okay to just sleep in, with no children sneaking around early- only have a couple presents under the tree- have a nice breakfast about mid morning- have a quiet dinner early afternoon. Kind of uneventful huh? ;) That's what an "old people Christmas" is. Have fun with your "little kid Christmas"- I'll be missing it.

No comments: