2.06.2019

Thanksgiving in Junction

Since the Andersons went to St. George for Thanksgiving, and we didn't have any other company coming... we decided that I would cook food for dinner and take it and brother Kindred to Junction. I packed up all of the food for a traditional Thanksgiving dinner... including several small pies. We picked up Joe and headed for Junction. After dropping of dinner to sister Mockler, we went to sister Porter's to have dinner with her. The Sunday before Thanksgiving, I had asked brother Kindred what his favorite pie was. He was thinking, he might stump me when he said strawberry/rhurbarb. But I replied, "I can do that. In fact Ron will love that flavor too." I also made a chocolate pie, and a pumpkin pie. (actually several small ones... so that everyone could have their own.) Of course, I made the traditional turkey, stuffing, gravy, mashed potatoes, sweet potatoes, green beans, and cranberry salad. It was a bit different that a normal Thanksgiving for us... but it was good.



No comments: