4.11.2021

Mishmash

 

mishmash

mish-mahsh, -mash ]

a confused mess; hodgepodge; jumble. 



An unorganized collection or mixture of various things-
  • the painting was just a mishmash of colors and abstract shapes as far as we could tell
  • Synonyms for mishmash

  • I titled this post "Mishmash". What a strange word... but it describes my life right now ;) I don't like the part of the definition that says confused mess or unorganized... but the mixture of colors and abstract shapes and alphabet soup, is good ;) 
  • So this past month or so has been a mishmash for me. Doing the "Pete Projects", still unpacking and organizing at home. Intermixed with Ron's brother, John being in the hospital with covid, Sam being called as the bishop of their ward, a missing cat, having a cancer spot removed from my nose, Easter/General conference, wedding dress alterations, and new Brown Baby Bird merchandise. 
  • I just did another post showing the finished "Pete Projects". 
  • John has been in the hospital since about March 7... so about a month. He has been very sick ... on a ventilator for a couple of weeks. Still weak and confused and having some heart problems at this point. Our family has been continually praying for him. 
  • The Sunday before Easter, Ron and I spoke in our sacrament meeting and then we attended the Alamo Ranch ward, to be there as Sam was called and set apart to be the bishop. 
  • Kitty managed to get out of our yard and was missing for about 3 weeks. Very strange that we never saw her during the day time. She was seen on a video camera at our neighbors house during the night a couple of times. I had Ron open the back gate, in case she was out in the green belt. Then, one morning, there she was on one of the chairs on the back porch. We will never know exactly what happened. 
  • Sam came over and hung our down stairs TV on the wall. That looks much better than sitting on the cabinet... but now we have problems with it keeping a wifi connection.
  • On Wednesday, March 31st, I went to a derm surgeon in San Antonio, to have a cancer spot removed from my nose. I wasn't super nervous about that, but it wasn't very fun- lol. That was about 10 days ago, and it seems to be doing pretty good. Mostly just really red skin at this point.
  • We just stayed home all weekend for General conference/Easter. The Petes and the Andersons came for Easter dinner on Sunday evening. So my weekend was watching conference and cooking ;)
  • I finished up alterations on a wedding gown for Lexi Barton, before my skin surgery. (also finished several bridesmaid dress hems) 
  • I worked at various times during the month on new Brown Baby Bird items. I also sent in an order for new Aurora stuffed animals. Hailey helped me to package up those items and I took those to The Shops of Bandera last Friday.

  • I warned you that life has been a "mishmash"- lol. Here are some "mishmash" pics.






















No comments: