Here is a fb post that I copied and pasted from Ashley. Great thoughts here. She mentions the journals that I just sent to each of our kids.
Ashley Journal Post
Last night I had a dream that I bore my testimony at church. And it was so good everyone got up and left before I was done. Its been on my heart so I’ll share here and you can get up and leave if you want or keep scrolling.
Lately I’ve been reading old journals my mom kept about us kids. In it she would often write about how I was the happiest kid ever. Always so happy. I’ve pondered about that... what makes me so happy? One word came to mind: resilience. I haven’t had a perfect life. I’ve had my share of trials. But when I do, I feel the hurt. I feel the pain. I let it be. And then I let it go. I forgive easily. I let God take it from me. Our savior Jesus Christ lives! He lives to carry us. To carry our burdens and we carry His. We lift Him by lifting His children.
I feel the same way about my children. I know there are angels on earth who love them and lift them up. When I see them hurt or sad, I am sad with them. I cry with and for them. And sometimes there is only so much I can do. But I know He sends angels to wrap their arms around them.
My family is my whole world and I know we are His whole world. His promise is real that He will comfort and send His spirit to be with us if we but remember Him and keep His commandments. If we just open the scriptures, His words are enough. They are pure and true enrichment and nourishment and not empty promises that the world offers us.
....
So glad my mom kept a journal about each of us kids. She had written sporadically here and there but found them all and compiled them into an album. Color coded it for each child and gave it to us as a gift for my parent’s 45th anniversary and 38th temple anniversary. Who gives their kids a gift for their wedding anniversary?? Yep, my mom
What’s your favorite way to keep a journal for your kids? One idea my mom shared with me is to have an email account for each one and write to them. Then one day you give them the password and they have all the emails. Would love to hear your ideas?


No comments:
Post a Comment