For Sam's birthday, which was Saturday, June 12... Sam and Audrey left on Thursday to go on a little trip to New York City. Our assignment was to stay at their house on Thursday and Friday nights. Get the boys to gymnastic classes and soccer games. Evie was there during the day on Friday. After the soccer games on Saturday, the boys went home with Daniel. Dinner on Thursday evening was Canes chicken... which only Ron and I liked. The boys only ate French fries for dinner. 😆Friday evening we went to WhataBurger ... which was somewhat better for the boys. Noah wanted chicken strips there- lol. 😂 Figure that one out. The boys were up early on Saturday morning... we just needed to be at the soccer fields by 9:30. The games were at 10 and 12. I knew the heat would be a problem for me, and I didn't realize that I would be "hiking around" a lot of that time. Multiple trips to the car and the bathroom. And a trip to Circle K for drinks. (We didn't go prepared with enough water or drinks.) So by 1 pm, I under estimated how wiped out I would be. I got cooled down, fixed something for lunch, took a shower, and then went to pick up a Nothing Bundt Cake and grocery shop at HEB. At least Ron got to just stay home and relax and watch TV 😉. Now, it's Sunday afternoon and the Petes and the Andersons are coming here for dinner. Audrey and Sam flew in and out of Austin, so they are coming back now. We are planning on dinner at 6 pm. I cooked roast beef, mashed potatoes, gravy, bought bread, and cake. Ashley is bringing salad, fruit, and ice cream. I grabbed some pics from Audrey's Facebook posts of their trip and took a few pics of dinner at our house. (The one photo shows the two tables end to end in our dining room/front room... that is how we do Sunday dinners here, now. And I started this post last Sunday afternoon and finished it today, 6/20.)
40 years old... 2021.








No comments:
Post a Comment