8.31.2021

MESSY

 Here is my last post of August 2021. I did a little project today, that I wasn't planning on doing. Do you know what happens when you cut a feather pillow apart? πŸ˜• It's MESSY 😝

I had three pillows that were a good print and color to go our guest bed. But they were an 18"x18" size and that didn't work very well on the bed. I knew that it would be easy to cut the covers down, to fit a smaller pillow. At first I looked on Amazon to just order 3- 12"x18" pillows. But they were about $11 each. Then I remembered that I had 3- 13.5"x24" pillows that I wasn't using. I thought, "I can cut those smaller and cut the covers smaller to fit". Well... my plan worked great... except those larger pillows had feather stuffing in them. I had to clean up my mess when I was done πŸ˜‰ The good thing about the feather stuffing is that it can be squished down in the pillow to allow me to sew the cut edge closed... so that part worked better than expected. Now I have 3 good, 18"x18" pillows to cover with something else. I should have figured out this plan before I bought pillows for the new sofas upstairs. Maybe those 3 extra pillows will be holiday ones. All I know is that there are a bunch of naked birds running around, without all of the feathers that it took to stuff those pillows- lol 😲










No comments: