8.01.2021

New Month

 I put the fourth of July stuff away. Remember, I can only do the "holiday decor" for about a month, then I get tired of it...especially if it seems cluttered. Doing sunflowers for August... I can't bring myself to do pumpkins and leaves yet 😉 I was hoping to get all of my cabinets painted in July. I haven't started the kitchen yet. My other two goals for July were to get a new drivers license and enroll in medicare. I got the new drivers license... only took TWO trips to the dps office in Castroville. When I went for the first appointment the computer system was down, so I had to reschedule for a few days later. Medicare is more complicated than expected. Since I don't have enough work credits to get my own social security ( I have to rely on Ron's), the only way I can enroll is with a phone appointment with Social Security. And... guess what... no phone appointments available for a couple of months. Now I have to call back every week, until I can get one. 

Sunday dinner is at our house today. I wanted to try two things... a chicken marinade and a copy cat chocolate bundt cake recipe. So either Ron or Sam are grilling chicken. The cake turned out good (we tried it last night). I didn't put frosting on it... but cool whip and nuts are great on it. I also made a cucumber/tomato/onion salad. I called that an "adult salad"... I don't expect any of the kids to even try it. Not even the Pete kids and they like most things 😆 Audrey is bringing a potato casserole and Ashley is bringing fruit. 

My Brown Baby Bird sales at Homestead Handcrafts for July were a net amount of $135. My rent there is $80 (plus some fees, that came out of my selling price.) I usually make about that amount or more at The Shops of Bandera and my rent there is $75. I won't know what sold there for July until next week. I plan to go to Bandera on August 5. I made a cute set for Marcela Young. A taggie, a bib, a floor blanket, and a fox. 

Here are a few pics. 












No comments: