9.27.2021

"It Came to Pass"

Seven years ago today, was Ron's first day home after knee replacement. Here is what I posted on Face Book that day.

"Ron and I are home. It only took us about 3 hours to get here last night, because of the rain, the traffic, and a crummy Walgreens pharmacy. I did the "night duty nurse" shift- now it's almost 11 am and the "day nurse" hasn't shown up yet- lol. I was sure that the night nurses in the hosp got to go off shift at 7 am 🙂 I can already tell that my problem is going to be slowing him down- he is already walking laps around the house..."carrying"...the walker."

That was after a tough week of having him in one hospital and having mom in another hospital. The day that we had mom's birthday party, she ended up in the ER and then the hospital with a blood clot in her leg. Doug was still with us for part of that week. He spent time with mom in the Methodist hospital and I spent time with Ron in the hospital where he was. A couple of the days, I made rounds at both places. These Face Book "memories" remind me that "it came to pass". 😉

Sometimes when we have challenges, we assume that they are "here to stay"... and while some might be that... most don't stay long. I have a couple of challenges right now, that I am hoping don't stay long. lol

(Luke took this picture of us at Noah's baptism)



No comments: