9.13.2021

"Sixty Five"

I turned 65 this week. Not sure exactly how that happened- lol. I am officially eligible for Medicare now. I am not actually enrolled yet... there are a few little delays in that. I am signed up for a Medicare supplement plan though. All it needs to complete is a Medicare number 😉 My actual birthday, day... didn't start out very good. I got up with vertigo and was dizzy and nauseated most of the morning. We had been planning to go out for dinner and I didn't want to spend money on "dinner out" unless I was feeling better. The vertigo gradually subsided and by lunch time I was okay. Ron spent most of the day working on trying to fix the exercise bike that we have both been riding. (the tension belt has been slipping). He ended up getting it apart, after breaking two screw connections. It was HOT working on that in the garage, but he wouldn't stop until he got it apart, tightened up and put back together. All of that didn't solve the problem. (On Friday last week, I convinced him to purchase a new bike... that will arrive next week.)We both got cleaned up, late afternoon, and went to an Outback Steak House for dinner. It was good and since we arrived there at 5pm, it wasn't very busy. We are having a little family birthday dinner this evening at Ashley's house. Daniel, Jaden, Hailey, and Mason have been gone since last week, on a trip to Idaho. It's just been Ashley and Hazel at home for a few days. So, our family dinner will be smaller than normal. The soccer schedule for yesterday was alot simpler than normal too, with those three kids gone 😉

The other kind of funny thing about my birthday was when Ron started looking through all of the closets and cabinets in the house. I could tell he was looking for something, but he would not tell me what. After a while, I said, "I don't know what you are looking for, but you will figure out where alot of other items are." He said, "That won't do me any good, because I won't remember anyway." 😂 He was actually looking for a gift bag and tissue paper, which he found in my Brown Baby Bird stuff. 

Basically for turning 65, I am doing pretty well. I need to lose some weight and exercise more. My biggest problem is with my feet, which causes a "walking problem" for me. I am not sure if there is a solution to that or not. That is why I have been riding the exercise bike, to strengthen my legs without walking. But, health wise, I am doing well. I take some supplements and vitamins, but no other medication. (When we were applying for my Medicare supplement plan, we found out that Ron pretty much needs to stick with what he originally got. It would be difficult for him to switch to something else after his stroke.) Life is pretty slow for him. I can keep myself busy with housework, home decorating, grocery shopping, sewing, my Brown Baby Bird business, and our primary class. I am grateful everyday, for my health and my ability to continue to do all of those things. "Life is good" 😎

(I am terrible at "selfies", but here are a couple of "sixty five" photos. The last pic is the lime cheesecake pie that Audrey made. Everyone thought it was too "tart"... perfect for Ron and me.)







No comments: