7.04.2024

July 4, 2024

 Even though our holiday is slow and mostly just at home, I felt like I should post. Ron and I are both feeling overwhelmed with gratefulness for living in this free country. For living in the neighborhood, we are in. For living in Texas. We are so grateful for the comfortable home that we have... modest as it is... it suits are needs. We got up at our normal time this morning, 7am. But we went to church at 8am for a ward holiday breakfast. It turned out well. I think our "purpose" in going was to fellowship a somewhat new family in our ward. Their daughter is in our primary class. There were some strange breakfast casseroles πŸ˜‰. Some huge cinnamon rolls and muffins and an assortment of fruit. There was also a bike, scooter, wagon rodeo around the parking lot. πŸ˜„ (With only a couple causalities) After we got back home, I did some extra cooking. I made a crockpot of cranberry cinnamon applesauce, some pickled carrots, and a strawberry rhubarb pie. Lunch was our leftover hamburgers from last night. We went to a new Chilis restaurant, and both ordered hamburgers that were huge. Dinner will be hotdogs, corn on the cobb, green beans and pie. Andersons were doing a big breakfast at their house with several families from their ward. Then I think they are headed to Fredericksburg for evening activities, including fireworks. I am not sure exactly what the Petes are doing. Ashley posted about them being "childless" today πŸ˜‰ Ron and I are both very happy to just be at home in the air conditioning. And we will try to ignore the neighbor's fireworks, in the street, aimed at our house, this evening. haha. We have some new neighbors in the house just west of ours. It will be interesting to see if they participate in the fireworks this evening. Our other kids might post a few pics on Facebook and GroupMe, that I can share later.

Happy Fourth of July







No comments: