Last week Mike, Carrie, and the boys went on a youth "Trek". So glad that they got to experience at least one of those. Carrie shared a few pics on Face Book and a brief description. Here is what she posted-
So proud of our own 2 boys who went on TREK too. They were such a blessing to their trek family and brought a much needed strength to their group. It was great to see them working hard and making such amazing memories. The boys would have been great at taking pictures in the old days when nobody smiled😄. But I will say that the boys never complained and they were constantly working. I had to tell their Pa to make them take a break on the third day because I could see Ryan wilting. Luckily they got breaks the last 2 days. Their Pa said they were the quiet power of the family. Super proud of them!!
TREK 2024 was amazing! Mike and I had the best little family who we came to love like our own kids. I was so proud of my girls who had to do a lot of the work since our boys were young and small (and one of them spent most of the four days in the medical tent). But what we may have lacked in size, we made up for in spirit. My girls never quit, and had so much energy. And my two little boys stepped it up and gave it their all. It was 30 miles of hard dusty work, but we did it! And when we didn’t think we could go any further, the Lord sent us help. Either through other people helping or sending us an adopted son the 3rd day who literally breathed fresh strength and power into our family. So grateful for my trek family who pushed, pulled, ate dust, and always had with the most wonderful attitude.






No comments:
Post a Comment