The first week of October, Sam and Audrey went on a trip to England with Sam's mom. Our "duty" was to spend each evening and night at their house and then get the boys to school each morning. Evie was there during the day and did most of the afternoon school pickups and gymnastics drop offs. That schedule kind of threw the cats for a loop- lol... but they survived. Since we are not used to getting up with an alarm clock, by Wednesday, we were beginning to feel like we were living the "Ground Hog Day" movie- lol ๐Each morning I got Luke up, he had breakfast, and then I walked to school with him. (Which was fine for me... round trip was about 1 mile. Which is a little less than half of what I normally walk each day.) While I was gone, Noah and Eli would get up, have breakfast, and we would drop them off at school about 8:30 and then come home. The first couple of days, I sent Audrey and Sam a text message saying... "Everyone is at school with clothes on". haha. The third day, I said, "We are on a roll, three days in a row". And gave an update on a gymnastics schedule change. On Thursday, I said, "We are living ground hog day". And I said, "Luke has been happy to know that I can do the gate code and get back to the house by myself". (He even tested me on the gate code.) Saturday and Sunday was General Conference weekend. I made sure that I had a few fun things and bribes for that ๐๐ We went to What a Burger for lunch on Saturday and then we spent some time at our house for dinner. That let me get some things fixed for Sunday dinner at the Petes. My text that day was... The phrase "leaving children to their own devices" takes on new meaning in this day and age". The boys got way more device time than they were supposed to. On Sunday we watched the Sunday morning session of conference and then went to the Petes in time for the second session and dinner. Sam and Audrey got home about 7:30 pm. (The first picture is Dallin and Bethanie watching conference. The last picture is of a note that Evie put in the bathroom asking Noah to hang up his towel, his robe, and put his underwear in the hamper... The underwear is on the floor, right under the note and I usually picked up the wet towels from the bedroom carpet- lol ๐)





No comments:
Post a Comment