10.19.2024

Nathan Ordained a High Priest

 There was a weekend in September when Annie and Alex flew to Utah, because Nathan was getting a calling that required him to be ordained a high priest. Here is what Annie wrote on a Facebook post. Then pictures to follow. I love the picture from Alex's baptism, in 1995. 

I wanted to share from a couple weekends ago our experience going to UT for a day! Nathan got called to the high council within his BYU stake, so Alex and I flew in so Alex could ordain Nathan to a high priest. Nathan was then also set apart for his new calling by the stake presidency. It was a great experience to be there for that! I know Nathan will do great in this leadership role. We also got to sit in on their stake conference, presided by Nathan’s former mission president in Ecuador!  Elder Roman got called as a 70 in April and is now over the Provo area. So we got to hear him speak and then meet him after the meeting. Nathan also got to be part of a panel during another meeting for stake conference, in which Nathan was the student representative, along with Elder Roman and the stake president. I didn’t get to be there for that but apparently Nathan did well answering questions. 

Later on Sunday evening, Alex, Nathan, and I had the privilege of having dinner with one of the missionaries who baptized Alex back in 1995. It was great to meet Brook Langston and his family and chat about the teaching experience 29 years ago. We are so grateful to Brother Langston and Brother Moore who sacrificed 2 years of their time to be there for Alex and set him on a path that has led to so much happiness for our family! And it carries on, in us sending out our boys on missions to help others. The power of one helping another is amazing, because it has a ripple effect that changes many lives.








No comments: