A funny story on Ron. One day Ron came walking out of the laundry room with my bucket of wool dryer balls. He said, "What are these for?" I explained what they were for. There are quite a few things around here that he just doesn't need to think about. Laundry is one of those things. He thinks that his clean clothes and towels just show up back in the closet or the bathroom, like magic. lol 😁We need to hope that he doesn't actually try to do the laundry, because he will never figure out that the washing detergent is the small "sheets" in the other container that sits on top of the dryer. Then speaking of towels... I have a story for that too. All of the towels that we have been using are at least 12 years old and maybe even older than that, if they came from Katy. Since any kind of change is bad for Ron... I warned him that I might start replacing some of the old towels. I bought two towels online from the website where I have been buying kitchen and bathroom hand towels. It was a good thing, I only bought two, because I didn't like them very much and he really didn't like the one in his bathroom. For one thing, it was larger than what he was used to. I ended up purchasing four other new towels from the Home Goods store. (So, there were three new towels in the closet in Ron's bathroom.) On a Wednesday evening a couple of weeks ago, someone from the YM presidency asked Ron and me to do a youth lesson about missionary work and tell our conversion story and how we joined the church. To make a long story short... in the middle of that lesson, Ron started talking about always drying out his shower after he uses it. He described how the towels are stacked in the closet and how he always uses one from the bottom of the stack and how I always put the clean ones on the top of the stack. Then he described how some new towels showed up there and how much he didn't like the one that he used. Three times he said, "that was his fault for not communicating with me about not liking that towel." lol 😕😝 What did that whole story have to do with the missionaries and our conversion story?? I had no idea. Until... the next day, I went back and looked at the original instructions that we were given for our lesson. It said to talk about the impact of missionary work on our family. Other topics might include a relationship with a mission companion, or spouse, or our relationship with Heavenly Father. Ron's towel story was about his relationship with me... it's just that no one knew that. haha. The youth are probably still wondering what the purpose of that story was. The moral of this story is that you never know exactly how Ron's brain will "translate" things 😉


No comments:
Post a Comment