My sewing and alteration business is part of my Brown Baby Bird business. I bring in good money on the sewing and alterations, to pay for the baby part of the business- lol ๐๐Here are a few pics of my latest sewing projects and then a few pics from BBB. I did alterations on a wedding gown and added new sleeves on it. I made a "wicked" Halloween dress. I found a pattern for another dress, that I had to modify to come up with the two sides of the dress... the pink side and the green side. And I am just finishing up a "gold anniversary" dress. On that dress, I had two patterns. One for the basic dress and one for the sleeves. On the basic dress I needed to raise the neckline and omit the gathered fabric at the waist. I was able to use the decorative edge of the lace fabric at the waist and on the sleeves. As for Brown Baby Bird, I have tons of cute stuffed animals and fabric just waiting to be made. The picture of the cabinet full of stuffed animals, isn't even all of them- lol. (I also have a package that hasn't been unpacked yet and a couple of plastic bins full in my sewing room.) And I have fabric "stacked" in my sewing room, just waiting for me. The problem with my sewing/alterations is that I don't have time for anything else ๐. Luckily, I had lots of Christmas sets already done to carry me through this holiday season. My booths at Homestead Handcrafts and Alamo Craft Company are well stocked, just waiting for customers. I am hoping that in December and January my sewing/alterations will slow down, and I can get new inventory made.












No comments:
Post a Comment