

As you can see, when you scroll through my blog, I'm not very long winded- I'm more of a picture person. But, here are a few ramblings ... Today was a magnificent day in Katy, Texas. The weather was perfect. In fact if Ron was here, I might have let him put the convertible top down on the car, on the way to church. Normally the rule is "top up" on the way to church- I can't let my hairdo get messed up :) Since Ron is still in Jakarta, I drove myself to church in his car. One of the things I miss most when he is gone, is having him sit next to me at church and being able to hear him sing the hymns. I really do love his voice. ( Our kids all got their singing talents from him) My other thought for today about church is- one of the best decisions that Ron and I made many years ago was to be at church every Sunday. Also, take the kids to church every Sunday. I know its hard when the kids are young, but do it anyway. Our family has been greatly blessed and influenced by that choice. And even now when we are scattered from Utah, to Oklahoma, to Texas, to South Africa, I knew exactly where each of my kids were today.
My job at church is to take care of 6-8, 3 year olds for two hours. (I have the oldest nursery class- they have all turned 3 this year and will be "Sunbeams" in January) One of the best things we do in my class is use some books that Annie, Audrey, and Ashley made for me. They have pictures of the boys and words to primary songs that go with the pictures. They loved the one called -"My Heavenly Father Loves Me". Thanks Annie!
No comments:
Post a Comment