That's me in the gold pants with the purse full of money!
(Yeah right :)
I spent two days in LasVegas last week. I went there for the National Bridal Market. I stayed in the Flamingo Hotel and the market was in the Venetian Hotel. I don't really care for LasVegas, but it is a bit cheaper for me to attend that market instead of the Chicago market. I am really a duck (no... a frumpy duck) out of water when I go to LasVegas though. I really don't appreciate the atmosphere there. Too much immodest clothing, gambling, drinking, etc. In some ways I would rather have Ron go with me than going by myself, but then I would be uncomfortable being there with him with all of the tight clothing, or lack of clothing, and all of "the girls" that are advertised there. Not that he would be looking or anything :) but you just can't avoid it. It's all right there in your face. Just in the few blocks that I walked on the strip to get from one hotel to the other, you can see almost anything, people digging through trash cans for food, people selling all sorts of items, many enticements to gamble, and a huge array of people. I would not feel comfortable at all taking children or teenagers there. Granted there are some spectacular sights and shows but they are all mixed in amidst the other unwelcome influences. Anyway...enough of that soap box...the market was interesting. I made a couple of new and probably important contacts there for my store.
No comments:
Post a Comment