4.22.2009

Once in a Blue Moon

This post is in response to W.E's post about the spice racks. There are two reasons why I don't have a spice rack- the first is what Sam figured out- I never use most of the spices on the rack. The second reason is that I really like having an uncluttered kitchen. Which means no spice racks, knife racks, paper towels, or small appliances sitting on my counters. So here is what I would call my "once in a blue moon" cupboard. All of the spices that I never use are there. The cinnamon and the almond extract are the only two things that I ever touch. Even when I tried to throw some of them away, then mom did some of that "once in a blue moon" cooking that needed spices and replaced them. Ron has even mentioned to me that he might try growing some herbs and spices. I'm thinking- there would have to be alot of blue moons before I would use fresh stuff when I don't even know how to use the store bought stuff. Sorry Ron, but if you want your meals "spiced up" you'll have to start cooking. :) Until then, I guess I'll have this cupboard and we'll be ready for the next blue moon. :)



No comments: