Work like everything depends on you and pray like everything depends on God.
Some how our family has been very blessed, and as I have thought about that lately I realized that all of our children have a great work ethic. Without going into any details, that has been evident in some glimpses recently into their daily routines. Then my next thought was, how did they learn to work so hard? It wasn't from doing the family "job charts" at home. Our family had no time for such things- too many soccer games, basketball games, track meets, and gymnastic meets to attend. So I have had to conclude that it was through all of those athletic events that our children learned such things as- show up on time, show up even when you don't feel like it, work hard while you are there, contribute to the team, be loyal to the team, put forth your best effort, practice with the team and practice on your own to improve your skills, arrive early and stay late if needed, don't get discouraged, keep going even when it hurts, stand up for what you believe, help others along the way. So it's Monday and we are all back at work for another week. As Mike said, when I asked him what was planned for this week- "just work, as usual". Yes! Just work as usual, but that's what life is all about, and we are blessed for diligent work.
No comments:
Post a Comment