The first lifesaver is my executive secretary.
She does all sorts of tasks at my store, everything from- printing labels and envelopes, answering emails, answering the phone, filling out donation forms, counting the cash, sending out thank you notes, tagging dresses, receiving purchase orders, filing EVERYTHING, making follow-up calls to customers, preparing tax information, sending out advertising information, etc. etc., even taking out the trash. She always gets compliments on her appearance (not one hair out of place :) and compliments on her phone etiquette. The second lifesaver is my personal accountant.
He shows up at least twice a month to update all of my financial information. I have no clue what he actually does- all I know is everything is in the proper account and up to date! Then he prints out my (profit?) and loss statements. Some times his job description also includes exterminating and handyman repairs.The third lifesaver is Quick Books!
There is no way I could do all of my payroll tasks without it. The whole payroll, taxes, IRS, etc. is mind boggling. I could not have done my W2's without Quick Books. So here is my beef... couldn't the whole IRS thing be simplified??? I have said it before- my little "pile of beans" to count is nothing compared to larger businesses- sorry, but the whole IRS process has gotten completely out of control. Anyway...
I am grateful for the help that I have.
No comments:
Post a Comment