1.24.2010

Smitten

I think I'm in love.



I could be found guilty at times of making hasty decisions. I'm a shopper, but I'm not a shopper. When I decide I want something, I will shop long enough to see what the choices are and what the prices are, but it doesn't take me long to make a decision. No months of comparison shopping for me. Sometimes the decision is good, some times it's bad, sometimes it's just a decision. I am not hardly ever guilty of buying something that's not on sale. Mom is always bugging me about shopping at Ross, TJMaxx, Marshalls, etc. Good stuff for cheap :)
So... before we bought the suburban, I spent two evenings shopping online, doing various comparison searches for suburbans. When I found the one I wanted, I printed out the picture. Made a plan for Ron to come and get me at work, at 3:00 on a Saturday afternoon. We drove to the dealer, I handed the salesman the picture and said, "show us this". I told Ron before we got there, "if it smells like cigarette smoke, we are done". To make a short version of the story- we bought it. Another little side issue here- Ron and I are terrible about negotiating with the salesman! Even when we make a plan ahead of time, (because we always know how the 'car vultures' work), we are terrible at trying to get a lower price. So we did pay the full, 'on sale' price for the car. (we had done our blue book homework though and it was a fair price- just not a huge bargain)
Anyway, it looks like this was one of my better decisions- the car is perfect. (At least so far. And as long as I don't think about what else I could have used all of that money for. And now that I have a new gas guzzler, you can plan on gasoline going to $4 a gallon :) :)

Many years ago, I was guilty of another hasty decision. Not much shopping around or comparisons. But it was another decision that has turned out to be perfect...


Yep, I'm smitten... and I think I'm in love.

No comments: