1.18.2010
MLK Day
Not everyone had a day off today- but my work day was my own fault. Normally my store is closed on Monday- but when it's a holiday and ladies have a day off from work and high school girls have a day off from school, it's a good day for my store to be open. That means women and girls out shopping. I had previously scheduled two appointments, but while I was there for those, several other "unappointments" showed up. One was stuck in traffic and didn't arrive until about 4:15. So needless to say, I spent the whole day at work. I have decided that the whole Christmas-vacation-end of-one-year-start-of-the-next-year is a difficult time for almost every business. I was telling my son (who is a professional bean counter "accountant") that my little pile of beans to count is small compared to lots of other businesses and it's still a difficult task. I can't imagine what a huge pile of beans to count would be :) I have come to realize that most of my problems for the first week of January were extensions of other businesses with "new year" problems. We have also been dealing with an insurance company with major end-of-the-year problems. I have been refraining from posting my whole "business tax/IRS post"- but that may be coming soon. Anyway... all of that aside, business is picking up for prom and spring wedding season. The trick will be whether or not I can keep up the pace, for several months in a row.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment