4.03.2010

Easter Dinner

Some of my kids and I have had some discussion this week about how to prepare some of the food they remember having for Easter dinner. It seems that the common memory is ham, scalloped potatoes, and jello/cool whip salad. I don't think I served that every Easter, but that seems to be what most of them remember. Since everyone is "on their own" for this holiday weekend- several requests came in- "Maaawwm...how do I fix ....?
It seems that Annie was quick to supply my potato recipe and her lemon/lime pie recipe. Alison's request was for frog eye salad. It's fun that they actually think we had some traditions :) Now that they are each married they are combining what were our family traditions with their spouses family traditions. Good thing they don't live with us any more- our dinner may not be traditional.
My only question is...
If I eat all of my beets...
and spinach...

and broccoli...



Can I have raspberry pie for dessert?

Looks like Ron figured out the gardening thing :)
Marie Callender makes the pie. I will try to come up with ham and potatoes- but no jello or frog eyes :)

No comments: