that's my mom...and dad. :) There is a new book out by the title, "That's No Angry Mob, That's My Mom". It is a book talking about team Obama's assault on the Tea Party and Talk Radio. It claims it is a hilarious, unique, irreverent look at the Tea Party movement. I haven't read the book, but I kept thinking about that title when Ron and I were on our way to the north Houston, Tax Day, Tea Party last night. How will I explain to my children that is no angry mob, that's me (and Ron)? :)
Sorry, but we fit the profile of Tea Party Conservatism. The Tea Party stands for limited government, upholding the constitution, free markets and economic freedom, fiscal responsibility, secure borders, the right to bear arms, etc. As the tax deadline was yesterday, and Americans filed their tax returns, Obama thought we should be saying "thank you" rather than protesting. Sorry, but the spending and taxing is completely out of control- no "thank you" for that. The north Houston Tea Party last night was 10,000 average American, Texans that think we pay too much in taxes and the government needs to be limited. They claim that come November, a red, white, and blue tsunami will hit Washington DC. To see more info. on the Tea Party, go to http://www.ghtpp.com/
And sorry, but Ron and I are also Glenn Beck fans. (Comments on that will be saved for another post), but his program this week has been focusing on "radical" things like cutting the government budget in half. He claims that EVERYONE will be angry with him by the end of the week because there are no "sacred cows". For those of you who don't watch his show or listen to his radio program- give it a try. And you can't just listen in or watch on a occasional basis- you might only get in on his unique (some times mocking, some times irritating) "entertainment" value and miss out on his real values, like faith, hope, and charity. Check it out for a week or two at least.
Oh yeah, and I'm also proud to be a Texan. (As if I haven't already offended you enough :)
No comments:
Post a Comment