Reusable shopping bags, instead of plastic bags.
Refillable plastic water bottles.
I don't use very many batteries, except for my camera- but I decided recharging those batteries was a simple task.
The bucket is how we collect "compost" for the garden. All of the veggie/ fruit/food scraps go in there until they go out to the garden.
Economy size mouthwash and hand soap.
There is actually one size bigger, economy, mouthwash than what is in the picture. I keep a small bottle and just refill it from the big one. I also discovered that my favorite hand soap has a refill, economy size, and I can reuse the cute plastic dispenser bottle instead of throwing it away. I also do the same, "refill", idea on shampoo and laundry soap. Always check the price on the "big sizes" to be sure they are actually an economic value. I have been surprised lately that the "bigger", "two bag" cereal box actually costs more than buying two smaller boxes that equal the same amount of cereal. I am also trying to stock up and buy bulk in things like light bulbs, toilet paper, etc. My motivation there is simple- having extra on hand to keep me from running to the store at the last minute when things run out.
So no, "new ideas"- just I'm finally catching on :)hehe
No comments:
Post a Comment