6.15.2010

My plan for Monday

My plan for Monday (my day off) was to paint 3 walls of our living room. I bribed Ron, with a cherry pie on Sunday evening, to help me move some of the furniture away from the walls. I figured if I started early on Monday morning, I could have it all finished by the time he got home at 5. That was my plan- here is what really happened. I had picked out a color for the paint, but I needed to go buy a gallon of it (all I had was a sample). While I was waiting for the paint store to open, I decided to go to Michaels for a couple of home decorations. When I got there I realized that there was a Palais Royal store right next door. (of course I had to go in there) After those two stops and after getting the paint, I needed to go get the ladder, that was at my store. While I was there, and while I had the ladder out, I put new bulbs in one of the fluorescent light fixtures. I also grabbed the information I needed to do my payroll (on my laptop, which was at home) On my way back home, I stopped at WalMart. (that stop was for a hair cut- more about that later) When I got home, I grabbed a peanut butter sandwich and did my payroll. By now it was about 4 and I had not started painting yet. I decided I better start fixing dinner. Then a friend showed up, to bring over a dress for me to wash, dry and steam. So...when Ron got home about 5:30, dinner was ready, but I had not painted anything. The good part of "the plan" was that we ate dinner and then he helped me paint. (I didn't know he had that in him :) Actually, I think he was worried about me falling off of his make shift scaffolding. (the walls are higher than normal in our living room) So he stood on the board that was sitting across two benches, and painted the high part. My job was to load the roller or the flat brush with paint and hand it to him. Then I finished the bottom and the edges. The bad part of my getting distracted during the day was- my haircut didn't turn out very well. Lets just say that it doesn't take me very long to dry it- pretty short- especially in the back. Oh well, it's like the grass in the yard- it will grow back. When my friend came by at 4:30- I told her, "Don't look at what I'm wearing (ready to paint), don't look at my hair, and don't look at my messy house. lol

Here are a few pictures. You really can't see the color very well. It's kind of a light blueish, greenish. It looks alot better in person than in the pictures.







These last two pictures kind of show my new color scheme.

(The color on the wall is darker than what the picture shows)
Ron says it reminds him of blue sky. (I'm also going to use it to paint one wall of the study. But I won't get to that project for a couple of weeks)

No comments: