6.11.2010

What Ron Missed this Week

Ron has been in Alaska all week. When he is gone, mom and I don't shop, or cook. We just grab whatever there is to eat. She fixes her own and I fix my own. Then I stayed up late every night, cleaning! I recently read an article describing America as a "stuff society". We fill our homes with stuff and then wish we had a bigger home with more storage space. It's funny-- no matter how many times I go through a closet, thinking I only have the stuff that I really need- I can go through it again and still get rid of some more. I have been in a "get rid of stuff" mood for a couple of weeks now. Maybe I am just having sympathy pains for Annie. This week I pretended like we are moving and sending stuff to a garage sale. I was going to just haul everything away, then a friend put a post on FB inviting people to bring stuff to her garage sale. I hope she was serious- because I have stuff ready to go. (actually, I still need to do one more closet down stairs and then go through the garage) But...I cleaned out closets, cupboards, drawers, and boxes this week. Ron missed it all- I'm sure he is glad for that. :)

All week long, I could just leave stuff piled every where, until I could sort through it and price it.




No more clutter in the hallway closet. I could actually put some more stuff in there :)





The first time in quite awhile, to see the top of my desk- usually it's buried.



One closet has clear space on the floor. The other closet has clear space on the shelves.
(I didn't do anything with the extra clothes yet- I don't like to mess with those at the garage sale- those will just go to donation. And I haven't even touched the attic. That will have to wait for another time.)
For now...I'm STUFFed!

No comments: